Pro Puu (Pro Wood) center is housed in a former match factory Tikkula. It is designed by Pekka kauppi and was built in 1924. Tikkula is a typical 1920’s, brick-built, small factory building.
Te match factory operated until 1969. After that the buildings was used as a garage and service building by city of Lahti. In 1990’s Tikkula building was renovated and it bacame the base for the Pro Puu Association and local water company Lahti Aqua.
Source: Lahden museot