Pro Puu (Pro Wood) center is housed in a former match factory Tikkula in the Lake Vesijärvi harbour, next to the Sibelius Hall. Tikkula building is designed by Pekka kauppi and was built in 1924. Tikkula is a typical 1920’s, brick-built, small factory building.
There are two different kinds of galleries in Pro Puu- center:
- The beautiful Pro Puu -gallery is splendidly renovated respecting the original architectural features. It is a versatile and popular exhibition space. The association has been able to carry out its original idea to feature large variety of different types of wood related exhibitions in the gallery.
- Attic -gallery has an Arc of Joints -exhibition displaying traditional and modern wood joinery. Exhibition started at summer 2004.
The Pro Puu Center also houses a Gallery shop. It offers a fine selection of items which represent modern Finnish wood design. Innovation, quality and ethical issues have been the main criteria in the selection of the items.
In addition to galleries and the Shop there’s also a wood workshop where a group of Pro Puu’s member cabinetmakers have established their businesses.